1) Lie: That Abraham was the first Muslim.
Truth: Abraham was the first Jew. The Muslims came into being more than thousand years later.
2) Lie: That the Arabs are descendants of Ishmael, the son of Abraham.
Truth: The descendants of Ishmael lived till about the year 1,000 C.E. Then they died out.
3) Lie: That the Arabs are descendants of the original inhabitants of the Holy Land. The people who lived there before the Jews came.
Truth: The oriqinal inhabitants of the Holy Land were seafaring people, while the Arabs came much later from the desert.
4) Lie: That Jerusalem is holy to the Muslims.
Truth: Jerusalem. means nothing to them. Their Holy cities are Mecca and Medina. When they pray turning towards Mecca, they turn their back to Jerusalem. Jerusalem is not mentioned in the Koran.
5) Lie: That the site where our temple stood and the Western Wall are important to the Arabs.
Truth: The Arabs have a habit of destroying other peoples Holy Places and then claiming these places for themselves. They did that to the Hindus in India and they do it to the Jews. They built a mosque on the site were our temple stood and pretend that Mohammed, on his way to heaven tied his donkey to the Western Wall of our Temple. Mohammed was never in Jerusalem. The Koran does not mention Jerusalem at all.
6) Lie: That the history of the Jewish people happened in Yemen and not in Eretz Israel.
Truth: The Land of Israel always was the Jewish homeland. Jews turn towards Jerusalem three times a day to pray for the return to the Holy City.
7) Lie: That the so-called Palestinians had a state in that area which is Israel now.
Truth: Only the Jewish people have had an independent state in this area. There have been no other independent countries in the Land of Israel.
8) Lie: That there were no Jews in Palestine.
Truth: Jewish people lived in this area all thru the ages. There never was a time when Jews did not live in the land named Palestine by the Romans.
9) Lie: That the Arabs living in Israel are Palestinians and distinct from other Arabs.
Truth: The Arabs, who live in the Holy Land, came from every Arab state there is. The first one came from Egypt at the beginning of the 19th Century. They wanted to escape military service in Egypt. In their name you can recognize from which country they came. The Arabs in Israel are the same as any Arab from any other country. On March 3, 1977, the head of the PLO military operations department, Zuhair Musin, told the Netherland newspaper "Trouw" that all Arabs are the same, then he said and I quote: "We are one people. Only for political reasons do we carefully underline our Palestinian identity. Yes the existence of a separate Palestinian identity is there only for tactical reasons. The establishment of a Palestinian state is a new expedient to continue the fight against Zionism." [End of quote.]
10) Lie: That in 1948 Israel destroyed 348 Arab villages and murdered 400,000 Arabs.
Truth: In 1948 the Arab states, who invaded the new state of Israel from all sides, told their fellow Arabs, who lived in Israel: "Leave, so that we can murder everyone who comes into our path. When all of Israel will be ours and all the Jews will be dead, you will come back and take possession of all the wealth of the Jews."
The Jews on the other hand did not hurt the Arabs. They begged them to stay. They dropped leaflets wherever Arabs lived. In the leaflets it said: "Please, do not leave. We will build a beautiful country together." About 450,000 Arabs left in spite of Israel's plea. The Arab states on the other hand threw over 800,000 Jews out of the Arab countries and confiscated all their wealth.
Helene Klein is the head of the Northern California Chapter of American's For A Safe Israel (AFSI) and a member of the advisory committee of the Freeman Center For Strategic Studies.