It appears that there is a lot of pressure on Israel for the resumption of talks with the Palestinian Authority. America, the UN and the Europeans are quite anxious that talks should resume. They fear that failure to renew talks would doom the Oslo Accords. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu also says that he wants the talks start. The Israeli Labor Party and its allies, Meretz and the terrorist PLO, are very upset that talks about Israel's complete surrender are not being held. Almost all parties have been drawing an inaccurate conclusion as to the reasons for the break in talks. Some have suggested that Israeli building in Har Homa and in YESHA is related to the impasse. The truth needs to be told.
In the light of this immense, almost universal, interest in restarting talks, the Freeman Center has developed a plan. I must warn you ahead of time that our plan is based on two things: What is good for Israel's security and what would facilitate peace (as opposed the "peace process").
THE FREEMAN CENTER POSITION
THE PALESTINIANS MUST DO THE FOLLOWING:
1. Extradite to Israel the terrorist murderers in their areas
2. They must cease all acts of terrorism and cooperation with other terrorist organizations
3. They must move quickly to destroy and disarm all terrorist organizations in their territory e.g. Hamas & Islamic Jihad
4. Repeal the Palestinian Covenant and write a new one than encourages democracy, human rights and recognition of Israel in its present borders
5. Stop the pollution of Israeli water as well as the improper handling of sewage
6. Comply with all of their obligation under the Oslo agreements
7. They must cease the murder of Israeli citizens as well as their own
8. They must cease the torture of their own people
9. They must limit the number of police and their arms to that specified in the Oslo Accords.
10. They must cease the anti-Jewish incitement on their radios, TV, newspapers, and mosques
11. They must cease their anti-Jewish incitement in their educational institutions
12. They must stop the stealing and profiteering from donor aid money and use it to help their people, as it was intended
THE ISRAELIS MUST DO THE FOLLOWING:
1. Build and settle Har Homa on an accelerated basis
2. Expand all Jewish villages in YESHA to include all of the public lands
3. Build new Jewish communities on strategic land and especially on land that give contiguity to other Jewish areas.
4. Destroy all illegal Arab buildings, especially those near bypass roads and in Jerusalem
5. Evict all Arabs who have occupied public lands illegally
6. Grant to Israeli soldiers and civilians the right of self-defense including lethal fire at anyone attacking them.
We feel that this plan would go a long way toward creating a just and lasting State of Israel in a piece of the Middle East.