The new American plan for Israeli redeployment is inimical to Israel's interest and destructive of Israeli security and survival. It is neither supported by the American people as represented by the US Congress nor by a majority of Israel's citizens. I believe that it will give a boost to the process, started in Oslo, that will lead eventually to the destruction of Israel and the mass murder of its Jewish population. That is, unless the Israeli government takes immediate action to disassociate itself from this "suicide" plan. Why Netanyahu, whom we supported, would accept such an irrational plan is beyond comprehension.
The Freeman Center has done its best to educate both the Israeli and international community as to the HARSH REALITIES in the Middle East. Since we began operation in July of 1993, we have broadcast by fax and email, printed in THE MACCABEAN, or placed on our web site, a total far in excess of 20,000 pages of commentary and strategic analysis outlining the dangers Israel is facing due to Oslo. No one of you can use the (Holocaust) excuse that "you didn't know."
After an article on a possible referendum on redeployment, I noticed a gigantic fraud about to be perpetrated on the Israeli electorate. Notice the words of David Bar-IIlan: "My feeling is that a vote will probably be on a package ... which will include Palestinian compliance and the total scope of withdrawals by Israel,'' Bar-Illan said.
In other words the voters will be asked to approve a redeployment which includes Palestinian compliance. This my friends, is a hoax, a fraud. Those of us who have studied Palestinian Arab behavior during the last five years (since Oslo), know with certainty that there will never be compliance on their part. They have sold this 'rug' of compliance four times (Oslo, Gaza-Jericho I, Gaza-Jericho II, Hebron) to the Israelis and then have ignored their commitments immediately after each of those transactions. Any Israeli who buys the "rug" for the fifth time is seriously intellectually challenged.
A careful review of statements by palestinian Arab spokesmen indicate that nothing has changed in their quest for the destruction of Israel and its replacement with a new State of Palestine (from the river to the sea). Why Israelis, including Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu would want to support this project by continuing the Oslo Kevorkian Process is beyond me.
The Freeman Center has come up with a proper referendum wording that complies with the highest level of Truth in Political Wording:
To the Voter:
Please read the description of the effects of redeployment and then vote for or against. Your informed consent is very important to us. Following a redeployment you should expect the following:
1. The areas from which Israel redeploys will become safe havens for terrorists, who will murder your children, wife and other loved ones.
2. The PA will continue to refuse to extradite terrorist murderers
3. PA schools will continue to teach hatred of Jews and Israelis
4. About 30% of Israel's water supply will be damaged or made unavailable
5. Many Jewish communities will be slowly strangled by PA activities including interfering with electric or water supply. The roads leading to those communities will become deathtraps with PA sponsored terrorists attacking vehicles with gunfire, Molotov cocktails and boulders.
6. Katyusha rockets smuggled by tunnel into PA territory from Egypt will begin raining on Tel Aviv and other Israeli cities.
7. The PA will continue to refuse to amend its Covenant calling for the destruction of Israel.
8. The PA will promise to live up to its commitments if Israel turns over Jerusalem to Palestinian Arab control for its capital.
9. The Israeli government will buy the rug for the SIXTH time.
10. This process will continue with each PA demand: right of return for refugees; Israeli Arabs to join "Palestine" along with their territory in the Galilee and Negev; that Jews should either convert to Islam or go back where they came from.
To the Voter:
Now that you have the facts, please vote:
(A) For Redeployment -------------
(B) Against Redeployment -------------
YOUR SUPPORT OF THE FREEMAN CENTER WILL
KEEP OUR VOICE STRONG AND MAKE THE TRUTH KNOWN, DESPITE THE BEST
EFFORTS OF THE JEWISH AND NATIONAL MEDIA TO KEEP THIS INFORMATION
FROM YOU. REMEMBER:
And We Jews Have Had A Pretty Rough
THAT WE SHOULDN'T WANT TO REPEAT
.......Bernard J. Shapiro, Editor