BARAK'S GOVERNMENT GUIDELINES
Suggested Freeman Center Additions
Below are some recommended additions to Barak's Government Guidelines:
1. There should be a legally enforced prohibition against calling a Jew, a settler, if he has been living in Eretz Yisrael for at least one year. The same goes for calling a Jewish community, a settlement, after one year. It then must be called a Jewish village, town or city.
EXAMPLE: Jews living in Tel Aviv could no longer be called 'settlers' and Tel Aviv would have to be called a Jewish/Israeli city and not an 'illegal Jewish settlement.'
2. Incitement to violence by Arabs would be outlawed. Now only Jews can be held guilty of incitement.
3. Incitement to violence (or actual violence) by Israel's 'peace partners' should automatically confer upon them a new name e.g. enemy of the Jewish people
4. All agreements signed by previous Israeli governments (even if done with good intentions) that lead to violence, terrorism, loss of part of Eretz Yisrael, appeasement, war, loss of water, loss of military deterrence and eventually the demise of Israel should be voided at once. No apologies, no explanations to rogue state departments.
EXAMPLES OF SUCH AGREEMENTS: Oslo, Wye, Gaza-Jericho I & II
5. Attacking Jews or their property with any object larger than a grain of sand will be considered a lethal attack and may be stopped with lethal force.
SAD EXAMPLE: Israel is the only non-Islamic country in the world where Jews can be routinely attacked with almost no consequences. [Herzl would be very upset if he were alive to witness this situation.]
6. Building religious places of worship on top of another people's Holy Sites will be prohibited. Any offenders will be give 30 days to vacate the premises.
7. There should be a general prohibition on negotiating subjects like Jerusalem, the Golan or Yesha. Some things are really NON-NEGOTIABLE.
The Freeman Center suggests that all of you make Barak aware of the need for these significant additions to his guidelines.
............Bernard J. Shapiro, Editor